Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A walk home



Finally back to my old routine go to work, play with kids, do some drawing lessons, work on Peace Corps stuff on my computer, eat lunch, work on Brindusa stuff on computer, walk home with Samantha while listening to my MP3 player, embarrass Samantha all the way home by dancing on the street (this of course being my favorite part!).

You've seen her before but here she is again the amazing 14 year old Samantha! A beneficiary of the Brindusa Center for at risk children.

Today my day was filled with a lot of work and success but dancing all the way home while Samantha laughs at me is always a treat and is special to both of us. Just how special it was I hadn't realized till today!

Samantha and I walked our usual route singing dancing, we passed the library, the primaria, the cultural center, the WW2 monument, all 8 long blocks home (shes my neighbor a 20 maybe 30 minute walk home) as we listened to the classics "Family Affair" Mary J. Blige, "Meet me Half way" Black eyes peas etc...

When we got to my apt she said "ok Im going back to the library." (the library is 30 minutes back from where were) I was shocked and said "WHAT WHY? You just walked all the way home??" To which she said "I know, but thats OK, walking with you was more important."

Samantha, she will be what I remember when I go back home...

No comments:

Post a Comment